Make this easy and affordable healthy kefir drink to help boost your bodies natural healing processes and build your immune system. Use kefir in so many ways - smoothies, dressings, marinades or raita.
Kefir is the “champagne of yoghurts” and boasts many added properties that yoghurt lacks. Kefir is one of our healthiest and most valuable food resources yet.
So what is kefir?
Well technically Kefir is cultured milk of mixed lactic acid and alcoholic fermentation’s, though the alcohol level is very minimal, so children can enjoy the benefits of Kefir as well. The Kefir culture is added to cows, goats, soy, and other commonly consumed milks, before the fermentation process begins. Traditional style Kefir has a tart, refreshing taste, and is usually effervescent, owing to the presence of carbon dioxide, which is an end product of the fermentation process.
- 1L of organic unhomogenised milk
- A kefir starter - this is the company I recommend to use.
- 1 capsule of a good quality probiotic
- Pour milk into glass jar.
- Add kefir culture.
- Let sit for 2-3 days, depending on the climate. Note: the warmer the temperature, the quicker it will ferment.
Watch Part 1 Video
- 1 tablespoon of Protein Supplies Australia colostrum or MIP colostrum.
- 2 sprays of BioCeuticals D3 + K2 Spray
- Take out kefir pod.
- Kefir will now be separated with a layer of cream on the top. Remove cream layer and discard.
- Pour kefir into a blending vessel. Add colostrum and spray and blend for 5 seconds.
- Pour back into a clean glass jar.
- Add washed kefir pod back in and sit for another 24 hours.
Watch Part 2 Video
- Take kefir pod out. Wash and set aside.
- Either blend again for 5 seconds or shake up. It is now ready to drink!
Tip: Don't worry if it separates - it will form a creamy consistency once you blend again.
Watch Part 3 Video