This is a catering size of our best selling Organic Dahl. A 1kg of dahl mix makes a whopping 5 litres! This is a great option if you want to do batch cooking and freeze into meal-size portions.
(Equivalent to 5 bags of dahl)
Love my Earth’s very own authentic Indian Masala Dahl mix. Made up of a unique blend of organic Indian spices and red lentils. Quick and easy to make, super healthy and full of flavour.
100% Certified Organic | Vegan-friendly | Preservative-free | Gluten free | 100% Australian Owned
Tasty dal. Best pre-made mix I’ve tried anywhere. We’ve experimented with this and so far our favourite additions are to add a couple of chopped garlic cloves with the dal mix; then with the water add one cup of sweet potato, half a cup of potato, and a cup of spinach per 200 grams. Also a dollop of coyo at the end. I generally cook from scratch but my partner is less capable in the kitchen, so this is perfect for him when I’m not up to making dinner. Warming and nourishing in winter. We love it
I made the full 5 litres of Dahl a few days ago and added veggies, coconut milk and a tin of tomatoes. The spices are amazing and it has a lovely warming kick. I’ve got lots of servings in the freezer. Is delicious and warming in this cold weather. I love it with a big blob of yoghurt on top.
Ingredients: Red lentils, curry powder hot (coriander, turmeric, fennel, garlic, black pepper, chilli, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, clove) mustard seeds, cumin, Himalayan rock salt, curry leaves. All certified organic ingredients.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add dahl mix and fry until fragrant
2. Optional step - add 1 kg of chopped vegetables
3. Add 5 litres of boiling water or half water half coconut
4. Cook for 30 mins on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally
Alternatively, you can use a large slow cooker.
• Yoghurt and fresh herbs • Basmati rice • Quinoa
• Roast Vegetables • Zucchini pasta • Flat bread • Roasted cauliflower
• Add 1.5 litres of water and 2 cups of vegetables to make a dahl soup
• Supplement half of water for coconut cream for a creamy version
• Supplement half of water for tins of chopped tomatoes for a richer flavour
• Serve cold as a spread or dip
• Add your choice of protein to create a delicious meat or seafood curry
Allergen Advice: This product is made in the same facility where nuts and soy are also processed.
Store product in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
Organic Butter Chicken 50g Chilli rating - 1 chilli Love my Earth’s very own authentic...
Organic Kerala Curry Love my Earth’s Organic Kerala Curry (Mild) This mild curry mix is...
Organic Shahi Korma Love my Earth’s Organic Shahi Korma is a medium blend of Indian...