Mum’s Savoury Scones
Mum's Savoury Scones
There’s nothing quite like an old family recipe. Here, we make a twist to Mum’s savoury scones with a pinch of our Orgainic Kerala Curry Mild mix and the results are to die for. Better yet, they’re super easy to make and don’t require butter.
500g organic self-raising flour and extra for dusting
3 tablespoons of LME Kerala mix
Pinch of salt
300 ml of pouring cream
300 ml of milk
1 cup of finely chopped vegetables and herbs (see tips)
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 18 scones
1. Preheat oven to 220 C, prepare a floured baking tray and scone cutter
2. In a large bowl add flour, kerala mix, salt and finely chopped vegetables
3. With a wooden spoon alternatively add milk and cream to flour, mix into a soft scone dough
4. Lay dough onto a floured surface, sprinkle with a little flour and knead lightly into an even thickness (2.5cm). Do not over knead
5. Cut scones out with cutter and place on floured baking tray. Brush the tops with a little milk
6. Bake in a hot oven for 12 minutes
7. Serve hot with butter and chutney
I used a mixture of finely chopped onion, capsicum, parsley, grated cheese. I also used a small scone cutter (6cm).
Download the recipe card here.